Monday 22 August 2011

RACEGUY Resurrected



Missing in Action
August 21, 2011



I feel guilty and completely responsible for all the missing updates and news I should have been posting here over the past couple of weeks. It’s not that I’ve given up, or lost interest, but, as hard as it is to admit, and as wussy as it may sound, I have had so many critical things going on in my tiny little personal life that this “child of my intellect” had to suffer from being relegated to secondary status for far longer than I would feel comfortable with.

I don’t want to ferment this into some kind of piteous whine, or take the cheesy route and lay out all the things that could have gone potentially wrong – and how they did. Let’s just say that the last three weeks have been one of those periods in one’s life where the further you ride into the lap, the more difficult the obstacles and challenges become, to the point where you are barely holding on, hardly breathing, and having a harder and harder time talking yourself out of just simply giving up.

Giving up is not part of who I am. That meant spending every minute that I could find rethinking and concentrating on different approaches and finding new lines. It meant keeping up the pace and even intensifying it, when frustration and fatigue were trying to beat me into submission and send me home with my tail between my legs. It meant turning the urge to break down and sob into a chilling cry of “banzai” and a head on charge into whatever comes next.

As I write this, I am momentarily catching my breath, getting this “project” we share rolling once again, then looking forward to one more new start and two more big obstacles waiting for me the second I open my eyes in the morning. I wanted to pass on this message because I don’t want anyone to lose faith in me. I just need you to know it has hurt me badly being forced to sidestep my responsibilities to you, while at the same time, I hope it will help you understand it was simply something that HAD to be done.

We have now been through the biggest weeks in Canadian Amateur MX culture, and I was not there to mine for the good information and pass it on to all of you. We just endured the one week layoff between Sand Del Lee and Walton that would see every Pro team making deals with the devil for something truly magic to happen just in time for the finale, and I should have had plenty of interesting tidbits there. There were also the stories of the ringers and rule-benders, and riders surrounded by hype that fail to fulfill the promise.

I can’t help but think I have let down the kids and families from this region who bucked up and took their TransCan dreams all the way to the gate and had an experience they will never forget and guaranteed stories I’m sure we’d all like to share.

We start tomorrow morning with a new National #1 (Colt is back), a PROVEN MX2 Champ as Tyler Medaglia repeats, and simultaneously teams with Heidi Cooke to launch an all new genetic strain in the form of a super-hybrid, who arrived during the final National weekend of the series. The little guy’s name – “Tallon” couldn’t come with deeper motocross ties. Congratulations to all the proud Cookes and Medaglias.

Congrats to all Walton participants, no matter where you came from. Congratulations to new champions and rankings.

Congratulations to everyone fully committed to the final rounds of the Atlantic series. Standings are really exciting and will make this is war until the very last bomb is dropped.

I’ll get back on things before we turn a wheel in anger this Saturday. I’ll try to keep you advised when I get things back in some kind of order. Bear with me. Suggestions are welcome too!

Thanks for your understanding, everybody. Thanks for reading – and spreading the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment