Monday 13 June 2011

RACEGUY Rebounds

Everything Was Just Fine
Until...


First of all, let me say Mill Hill was, as always, a first class event and purely professional presentation from the time the first riders rolled in, until the last remaining soul left the circuit on Sunday night.

With that mentioned, it’s time for a quick history lesson and debriefing on how things have gone sideways in the last 24 hours.

I am happy to provide you all with my “fast five” points standings and summaries that can be viewed without leaving the page. For the Kingston round, it was relatively easy to ask for printed copies of the results, calculate the points in my head, and have them published in no time flat. Things got more complicated after Riverglade, but I figured I could surely do the figuring required and have it posted before the Devlins could make their way home and send the upload to CMRC. I had 4 classes left to calculate when I noticed Tammy had completed the update. That basically meant I should have used my time for something more productive and simply waited for the CMRC site.

Wise individual that I am, I decided to forego the printed results from Mill Hill, as I figured I still had a 2 hour drive beyond the time when Tammy would get home, so everything would be on-line waiting for me when I got home. That all made perfect sense…until…the CMRC site decided it wouldn’t accept the update.

No points, nothing to analyze, I am no longer having any fun. OK, I seem to have over 200 unread tweets as a result of the Nanaimo national. I’ll do a little analysis there. (By the way, since I couldn’t listen in on the motos at MXP, tweets from Rainford and Cunningham at DMX were an amazing synopsis of the day at the Wastelands.)

It was obviously amazing racing on the left coast, but there were also some questions raised regarding what were possibly protests in the MX2 and a sudden announcement from CMRC Timing & Scoring that “official” results would not be available until some time a day later. If there was more to the Nanaimo story than met the eye, I was all for waiting it out and seeing what developed. It may have simply been that Wendy Snelgrove and the CMRC crew were having similar computer problems to those messing with our Mill Hill results.

By this time, Sunday had turned into Monday and it was past 1am, so I decided to catch a few zzz’s and get back at it in the morning. It’s OK. It’s not my fault. I don’t have to feel guilty. I can just start fresh in the morning. Sleep.

My “plan” included a quick review of round-4 and a few Mill Hill pics to keep everyone pacified until I could go through the numbers. Then, go to the CMRC site for some results and add a little further analysis. Those all seemed to be simple and reasonable expectations…until…Google, for some unknown reason, would not accept the upload to my front page. I couldn’t put a message up at the Points-Atl tab. It would not let me change the “Breaking News” page. OK, I get the message. I did discover that the “Things that change often” column could be opened and changed. Small mercies.

Oh, yes…the CMRC points update? It’s still stuck in cyberspace limbo somewhere. I’ll just keep checking.
Now that I can get back into this site, I’ll leave you with this sad little story for the time being and get everything else up as time and technology allow. You see, I have a plan, and I know all the pieces are going to come together…until?...

No comments:

Post a Comment